Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Cards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
596 Views, 6 Replies

Data Cards

Is there a way to edit the content shown in the Data Card fingertip window. As the window can show live part properties upon each selection without refreshing, it would be nice to quickly show information relevant to the office working practice (Part Number, Cost etc).

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I believe you are talking about the thumbnails for CC families and family members. I don't believe they can be changed within Content Center. However, it can be changed on an individual Inventor file basis. Open a part in Inventor -> Save -> Options. There you can select a thumbnail for a given part. If the part is published as a CC family, the thumbnail should carry over. However, it means you will need to publish any existing CC family again.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
swalton
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I suspect this post is referencing Vault Data Cards.  

Does this help page address your issue? http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-3F5949F1-41BB-4981-B122-3D88C56F5D6F

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

The fingertip view I want to modify is below:

adavies_0-1602572886818.png

I am aware that by expanding this window each card will be shown with a modifiable properties list however if it could be in this fingertip view it would save having to update the card following each individual part selection.

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! Let me move the posting to Vault forum.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Senthil_Kumar

@Anonymous 

You are right. For now the only way is to expand the card for editing. This small card is only for viewing. I would recommend you to log this as a wish list item in our Vault Idea. Thanks.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 7 of 7
CGBenner

@Anonymous  Did the information provided by @Senthil_Kumar  answer your question? If so, would you please use Accept Solution so that others may find this in the future? Thank you very much!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report