Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PDF and Sync Lifecycle State And Revision As Source

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ThomasRambach
1046 Views, 7 Replies

Create PDF and Sync Lifecycle State And Revision As Source

In Vault 2021: When you use the Create PDF command and with Sync Lifecycle State And Revision As Source, checked. Do you have to have all the same properties available in the Design Representation category as in the Native file category or do only those available in the Design Representation category get synced? I'm trying to figure out why some drawings in the same category give the error "An error occurred while attempting to synchronize revisions between the source and the PDF file: Operation is restricted" when most other drawings in the same category do not.

Labels (1)
  • PDF
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gandhey
in reply to: ThomasRambach

Hello,

Please note with PDF creation - the properties of the drawing file are not synced to the pdf. PDF file just syncs the State and Revision as that with the source drawing.

For the other error, please check your revision schemes configured in the category of the drawing files and the that in the Design representation category. You need to have the revision scheme used in the drawing file's category added in the Design representation category.

Following just for quick reference :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)

Message 3 of 8
ThomasRambach
in reply to: gandhey

@gandhey the revision schemes are the same, and as mentioned.. most files updated but 1 or 2 do not for some reason. Also, the properties are updating. When I publish an IDW or DWF ot PDF, the part number, description, and other properties are being updated on the PDF. What's the disconnect here?

Message 4 of 8
gandhey

Hello,

I had to check with the dev-team for the property sync part, thus the delay in reply.

For the properties, the properties on drawing file, if mapped to 'Design Representation' category -> the property values from the drawing will be synced to PDF.

For the error you observe, just to confirm is the Lifecycle state synced properly for those 1 or 2 files. ?

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team) 

Message 5 of 8
ThomasRambach

Yes, most files sync perfectly. Some do not that are the same category, lifecycle defintion and state. The only difference may be the age of the file and what properties are applied. It's hard to diagnose without a specific error message. Would this be logged somewhere?

Message 6 of 8
gandhey

Hello,

Unfortunately no, I suggest you to reach out to product support as this will need further investigation.

regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)

Message 7 of 8
ThomasRambach

It sounds like the issue may be related to the native CAD file needing migration to the latest version.

Message 8 of 8

I discovered the issue was not the file migration but some old files where the Vault revision was "-" and not a numerical value like the revision scheme needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report