Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design Folder Path Errors

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1225 Views, 3 Replies

Copy Design Folder Path Errors

My issue is with the Copy Design feature in Vault.

The issue is specific to my workstation. The other workstations at my work do not have this issue. I have compared project file, vault and inventor settings with other workstations and haven't been able to find any discrepencies.

After I have right clicked on a file and selected Copy Design, the Copy Design window pops up.

In this window I have 2 different sources of error messages.

Under the "Vault Path" column, the path of the file I want to copy is highlighted in red. The path begins with a $ and is the correct path to the file. The other workstations display the same path, but no errors. When I click on this red highlighted path, I get the error message:

An error occurred while attempting to retrieve a folder.

6.png

The other error source is when I try to change the path of either the "Copy Design From:" or "Copy Design To:" fields. By default, these paths are different than the other workstations at my work. The differences being my path starts with "C:/$LocalWorkingFolder" instead of "$", and the end of my path does not include the specific part directory.

Example of the difference in default paths between my workstation and others:

My workstation: C:/$LocalWorkingFolder/Designs/Blueprints/

Others: $/Designs/Blueprints/01000/

When I try to add the specific part directory to the end of my path, (C:/$LocalWorkingFolder/Designs/Blueprints/01000/) I get the error message:

The path is invalid. Please re-enter a valid path.

When I try to modify the beginning of my path to match what the other workstations use ($/Designs/Blueprints/01000/) I get the error message:

You must specify a folder which starts with

C:/$LocalWorkingFolder/Designs/Blueprints/

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Anonymous

In your vault client go to tools > options, at the bottom there's an option to pick your inventor IPJ file, select the right one and that can solve a lot of path related problems in copy design

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Neil,

Thanks for the response.

With the correct project file selected I still have this problem. At my work we keep the IPJ file on vault so everyone works off of the same one. However the issue is still limited to my workstation.

Riley

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The solution was to reinstall Inventor.

I'm not sure what the root cause of the problem was.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report