Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk download for item .pdf attachments

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ljoyceATSKY
294 Views, 2 Replies

Bulk download for item .pdf attachments

Hi,

Is there a way to bulk download or export or "get" all the attached pdf files on an item and all its child items in the BoM?

I need to provide all the current release pdf files to the a client and going through all 2800 items and dragging out the pdf isn't what I want to do nor is getting the folder they are contained in and removing all the old versions. 

Even if there is a way to export everything in the item attachment space then I can sort it by file type and delete all the inventor and dxf files? Going to be a bit excessive on the download but it shouldn't take much of my time. 

Using Vault Professional 2023.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Are the PDFs also attached to the files, to Get files with attachments that way? Unfortunately, the items do not allow this functionality. Perhaps this is worth trying to stick a post in the Idea Station: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/idb-p/2

Message 3 of 3
ljoyceATSKY
in reply to: ljoyceATSKY

I found a solution/ workaround.

All the files are within one folder for the product so I viewed this folder in "Project Explorer" then found the "linked to an item" icon field in the column selections and filtered by this then by the file types. Gives me a list of 2864 pdfs. Highlighting all these then from File menu selecting "Pack and Go..." to download them all. 

Hopefully these are all of them, seems to be about the right amount. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report