Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader slow to pick folder

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
295 Views, 3 Replies

Autoloader slow to pick folder

Autoloader seems to be getting slower by the day. Every time I map a folder, autoloader usually takes 4-8 min to give me the "select folder" dialog box (see attached).

I checked with our IT guy and he said the server was ok, but this is really slow and seems to becoming slower with every new folder I add to vault.

Inv 2008
Vault 2008
Almost finished uploading all of our Inv files to vault.

Any suggestions??

thanks,
mike
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yingkit(Autodesk)
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

We are aware of some slowness in the return of this dialog box and it's performance gets slower as your folder structure expands. We are currently looking at various ways to improve the performance of this.

One thing I'd like to check with you is how's your machine's performance when you are trying to display network folders? One thing you can try is in Windows Explorer, click on Tools -> Map Network Drives, click on the Browse button and try to expand the folder structure of any network folder which has a decent amount of sub folders.
--
Kit

Ying Kit
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Kit,
I mapped a network drive and the folders appear instantly, so I think the connection is good.

Any idea when this might be addressed?

thanks,
mike
Message 4 of 4
yingkit(Autodesk)

We still need to perform further investigation and testing to ensure the new process of gathering the vault folder structure is good. So if the result is good, we hope to get it in the next release, but again, I can't say for sure.
--
Kit

Ying Kit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report