Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Dual Path ECOs Possible?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jimm_motyka_777
165 Views, 2 Replies

Are Dual Path ECOs Possible?

What I'm looking to do is create two different ECO processes.  One would be for engineering only and the other would be for purchasing.  Each would entail different people and different departments required to be involved.  The question is, can that be done in Vault Pro, and if not, what would an alternative creating two paths look like.  I'm just in the beginning of investigating this and any input would be appreciated.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can create multiple routes that include specific users. Only one can be default, but the others are selectable on the Routing tab of the ECO. 

Message 3 of 3

That's pretty much what I thought.  An option that I'm considering then is to create a lifecycle for design/engineering changes, which would handle things related to that department, via the proper use of revisions.  Then we would use the ECO process for company wide distribution, where purchasing and accounting may also be involved.  Within that process to release would be an inclusion to the new revision. Does that idea pose any red flags for anyone?  If so, please let me know the pros and cons of that direction.  Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report