Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to path denied????? Help!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
The_Angry_Elf
2152 Views, 4 Replies

Access to path denied????? Help!!!!

I've searched this on here and found a few, but nothing dealing with what I'm seeing.

Vault Pro 2017, been working fine and dandy for the past few months, now that we are finally getting our users to start using it daily, I now get this Access to path denied error.

vaulterror.PNG

Nothing's changed since yesterday afternoon, I'm logged in as Admin, so full rights and all I'm doing is attempting to do a "Get" on the Project file to map it to my local drive. What the heck?

I've stopped the server, restarted the server, re-read the license file.....nothing.

I'm dead in the water until this gets resolved.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Jim,

It looks like you are trying to write to the "C:" drive.  Can you open up Windows Explorer and navigate to the "C:" and create a text file?  I am speculating that your machine doesn't allow a "normal" user write to the root of C.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 5

Bill Gates you "Fargin Bastadge" (my best Johnny Dangerously quote impression).

The offending issue was a MS update, a reboot and update fixed the issue...so far.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 4 of 5

Jim,

Yeah I have Vault set up with the project file at the Root level as was suggested (note, I've always had it set to one folder down, typically named "VaultWork" or the like and all worked well) But what I've been seeing with the .ipj being at the root level is it recreates folders and subfolders just below root as opposed to where those folders are under the VaultWork/Production folder where we want them. Even if we create those folders on the local HD prior to anything from them being in Vault, Vault will create the folders under the root and not duplicate the folder structure of the users HD as it typically does. Never seen it do such and I have no idea why it would.

So I'm attempting to test it out by going back to how I've always set up vaults over the years and put the .ipj under the "Vaultwork folder.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Jim,

I would look at your Inventor project file.  I am thinking the way it is mapped is why you are getting the double folder creation.  I used to run into that problem from time to time as well.  I found a quick work around was to add everything into the Vault from the original Inventor location and do a get on the project file from Vault.  At that point, inside Inventor reset the project file to be the Vault location and remove the original Inventor project.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report