Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vaultbrowser missing .dll

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
docandrew2011
463 Views, 3 Replies

Vaultbrowser missing .dll

Hello,

i have installed vault2023 and compiled the vaultbrowser example.

But if i want to start the application in my IDE i got this error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Data.Desktop.v21.1, Version=21.1.5.0, Culture=neutral or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

in the bin folder there is only a DevExpress.Data.v21.1 dll file.

Where can i get the .dll file? or how can i fix this error?

thank you

2023-03-01_16h59_51.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It would help if you excluded DevExpress.Utils.v21.1 from being copied locally. This should resolve the issue; I was able to reproduce both scenarios. Copy local -> the fully licensed DevExpress libraries are required. Don't copy locally -> only the SDK-included (redistributable) DevExpress libraries are copied to your output folder, and the sample app runs.

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 3 of 4
cbaker8H4PK
in reply to: Markus.Koechl

I had the same issue was the original poster and tried your fix and it didn't work. I set copy local to false and that led to error "Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Utils.v21.1" in program main due to that dll no longer being in the output folder. I manually copied DevExpress.Utils.v21.1 over to output folder but then get the "'Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Data.Desktop.v21.1" error again. I checked the sdk folders and DevExpress.Data.Desktop.v21.1.dll isn't in there. This happens to all test apps in the sdk that use the Devexpress controls it seems. 

Message 4 of 4

Hi guys,

I've experienced the same mess 😞 - I think it came with one of the Vault 2024 Updates which installed this dll to:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\DevExpress.Data.Desktop.v21.1\v4.0_21.1.9.0__b88d1754d700e49a

I figured that out 'cause my tool run well in 2023 but fails today on a dev machine with never updates.

After copying this dll from GAC to my outpot folder it seems to run 😁.

For me this new scenario brought all my apps down which used the vault login form.

Cheers,

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report