Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2018 to 2020 GenerateFileNumber error 303

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeremy.hiser
291 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2018 to 2020 GenerateFileNumber error 303

We recently upgraded from Vault 2018 to Vault 2020.  We have some custom code that pulls File names from the Numbering Schemes in Vault.

We make the connection to vault using the Vault username and password of the user with the AuthenticationFlags set to ReadOnly.

When the DocumentService.GenerateFileNumber method is called it is now generating an error 303.

Changing the AuthenticationFlags to any other option will not connect to Vault, thus never attempts to GenerateFileNumber.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@Markus.Koechl 

@sajith_subramanian 

@Redmond.D 

would you be able to help with this? I am attempting to help Jeremy with this and am having a difficult time getting in touch with the correct person(s) at Autodesk. 

Jeremy has this issue isolated and can reproduce the issue.

I have attempted to follow the Autodesk Technical Support policy, but am not confident that am going to get results from the latest ticket I submitted.

Thank you for any assistance or direction you can provide.

Message 3 of 3

Hi @Curtis_Waguespack, numbers are stored in the Vault database and, if I am not wrong, require entity create permissions. So, I am sure that the newer implementation of the NumberingService, starting with 2020, fixed a missing permission check.

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report