Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search and collect secondary fils from VAULT

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cassan_t
404 Views, 5 Replies

Search and collect secondary fils from VAULT

Hi Guys

I need your experience:

When I release an assembly, secondary documents are created. These are then stored as hidden files in the VAULT.
Is there a program for VAULT with which I can click on an assembly via the RM and then say - “please search for all secondary documents that belong to this assembly and create a ZIP file”.
It would also be nice if at the end it showed a summary of how many files it has packed.
It would be even better if the routine checked whether all documents have the state "released". Then you can't collect anything wrong.

Thanks for your ideas!

Cheers

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Markus.Koechl
in reply to: cassan_t

The default ITEM/BOM Export wizard covers what you want: Select DWF (Design Web Format) and complete the wizard. In this case, DWF is not the Autodesk visualization file but a legacy exchange package format that Microsoft used for ERP exchange. Open the package, e.g., using 7zip, and you will see all attachments of primary and documentation-linked files.

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 3 of 6
cassan_t

Hi Markus

You mean the pack and go function?
dwf doesn't work for me because our producers can't do anything with it. thanks anyway

Cheers

Tom

Message 4 of 6
Markus.Koechl

No, I proposed using the Item -> Item Export command/wizard because you asked for the option to filter released components only. BTW renaming the DWF to ZIP is sufficient to open it with the Windows default extract command. I agree that the renamed files and XML structure are not human-readable; it is meant for automation. Pack'n Go is also an option; there you can keep the structure unpacked without the need to expand an archive. A detailed report is available in the options: 

MarkusKoechl_0-1716530683653.png

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 5 of 6
cassan_t

Hi Markus

thx for your support - but - we dont use the item function in VAULT - and as far as I see its not installed. But can i use this function without using the item container?? cheers

Message 6 of 6

@cassan_t 

Hi Thomas,

COOLORANGE powerJobs can add a context menu button to Vault which allows you to collect the secondary files and create a ZIP file. It can also display the number of collected files, check the files states prior to adding them to the ZIP and it would also allow the user to specify the location of the ZIP file, if needed.

Please drop an email, if you want to discuss more details.

Thanks,

Christian

coolorange logo

Christian Gessner – Technical Evangelist

https://www.coolorange.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/christian-gessner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report