Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Byte Size for String Type Property Values in Autodesk Vault?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bjhuxq
228 Views, 2 Replies

Maximum Byte Size for String Type Property Values in Autodesk Vault?

Hello Autodesk Vault Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project that involves extensive use of custom properties within Autodesk Vault, and I am encountering a scenario where understanding the limitations of property values, particularly for string type properties, is crucial.

My question concerns the maximum byte size that a string type property can hold in Autodesk Vault. Given the diverse nature of the data we intend to store, it is essential for us to know the limitations to ensure our data fits within the constraints of Vault's property system without causing any unexpected issues.

Could anyone please provide insights into the following:

1. What is the maximum byte size for a string type property's value in Autodesk Vault?
  2. Are there any best practices or recommendations to follow when working with large strings within Vault properties?

Any guidance, documentation references, or advice from your personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Understanding these limitations will help us better plan our data management strategy and ensure the smooth operation of our Vault system.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Markus.Koechl
in reply to: bjhuxq

As far as I know, the Microsoft definition sql_variant applies: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/data-types/sql-variant-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver1...

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 3 of 3
bjhuxq
in reply to: Markus.Koechl

bjhuxq_0-1713224424683.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report