Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jobservice.addjob

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kenhoff
427 Views, 4 Replies

jobservice.addjob

When I try to add a job through Ilogic my result is Job param error.

kenhoff_0-1716575141062.png

param1.Name = "EntityClassId"
param1.Val = "FILE"
param2.Name = "EntityID"
param2.Val = File.Id.ToString
param3.Name = "FileId"
param3.Val = File.Id.ToString
askvault.JobService.AddJob("Autodesk.Vault.DWF.Create.ipt", "DWF Create: Name " & cfn.Name & " , ID " & CFN.Id, New AWS.JobParam() {param1,param2,param3}, 2)

Can someone let me know what the format of the parameters need to be?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Nick_Hall
in reply to: kenhoff

Hi

There's a good example in the "Vault-Job-Processor---iLogic-Extension" by @Markus.Koechl

You'll find it here - https://github.com/koechlm/Vault-Job-Processor---iLogic-Extension/tree/2024.1

Look in the iLogicJobAdmin.cs file - https://github.com/koechlm/Vault-Job-Processor---iLogic-Extension/blob/2024.1/Autodesk.VltInvSrv.iLo...

Hope this helps

Nick

Message 3 of 5
kenhoff
in reply to: Nick_Hall

Nick,

Thanks for the tip. It seems to tell me to do what I am already doing, so no help. Since I am getting an error using the Job Parameter values, I have I was hoping someone could let me know what the parameters need to be or the order they need to be in or something. Sometimes this guessing is frustrating, and it would be nice to know where the answer book is rather than trying different samples hoping that one will be just correct enough to work.

Message 4 of 5
Markus.Koechl
in reply to: kenhoff

Hi @kenhoff,

Adding Autodesk default jobs to the queue is not a published and documented API procedure. However, we know it is a practice in the community to analyze the job queue in debug mode and review the parameters. This thread describes how to do it.

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 5 of 5
kenhoff
in reply to: Markus.Koechl

Thanks for that information. Looks like the answer is Its not supported. Too bad seems like it would be helpful to use. I'm going to see if I can follow your directions to divine what I need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report