Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Watermarks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rjay75
989 Views, 4 Replies

Item Watermarks

When retrieving the the visualization of an attachment, how do you get the proper watermark to appear on the visualization for the item.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barbara.han
in reply to: rjay75

Hi rjay75,

As I know, the watermark for Item only appears on 2D DWF. If you are using 3D DWF, it won't appear automatically.

This blog will give your some understanding:

http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2010/03/improved-usability-with-vault-2011.html

You need to check "Enable Visualization WaterMarking" setting in Vault Settings -> Items tab in order to get the watermark work.

By thw way, this discussion thread is mainly for API-related issues. If you ask product usage issue, like this one, you may get the answer ver late. Autodesk Vault is a better place to ask product features.

Barbara Han
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 5
rjay75
in reply to: barbara.han

Hi, Barbara,

Thanks for the response. I have Watermarks enabled in the vault settings and they work just fine when viewing files uses the vault explorer client and web interface.

In my current method I return a list of 2d drawing files from all the attachments and associated files with an item. When I call GetItemFileAssociationsById and GetAttachmentsByItemId I am returned file ids. Getting the visualizations of those files return  the original unwatermarked dwfs. Is there a special context in which to retrieve the file so the visualization is retrieved from the context of the item it's attached to.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
barbara.han

As I know, the watermarked dwf is not able to get directly through Vault API. The Vault client (e.g. Vault Explorer, web client) uses DWF toolkit API to put the watermark (or saying markup) in the dwf file when viewing the item file.

You can get watermark's data through Vault API, e.g. GetWatermarkByItemIdAndFileId, but the watermarked dwf is generated by Vault client, and no client API for you to get that result file.

This is the entry for DWF toolkit, if you want to learn it:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=823771

Barbara Han
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 5 of 5
rjay75

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report