Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clear revision

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
439 Views, 1 Reply

How can I clear revision

When I add a file it is getting revision "A" since it is going into the default category which has a revision scheme.  I then change the category to one that has no revision scheme, hoping that my file will not have a revision, but it keeps the "A" from the previous category.

If I change the default category to the one I want, and then add the file it works as expected, no revision.  But I need the category with the revision scheme to be default.  How can I make this work?

I looked through the API and couldn't find out how to "clear" the revision.  I am able to call DocSvcExt.UpdateFileRevisionNumbers(), but that won't let me set it to "".  Is there a call to change the file's revision scheme?  It seems like it should use the revision scheme from the category, but it doesn't appear to be working that way as it's inheriting it from the first category.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jan.liska
in reply to: Anonymous

Try UpdateRevisionDefinitionAndNumbers and pass 0 as definition id and empty string as revision number:

docExtSvc.UpdateRevisionDefinitionAndNumbers(new long[] { file.Id }, new long[] { 0 }, new string[] { string.Empty }, "Update revision");

Jan Liska
Solution Architect
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report