Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datacard Vault Professional 2024

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
g_v_rooy
381 Views, 5 Replies

Datacard Vault Professional 2024

We moved from Vault  Workgroup 2022 to Vault Professional 2024.

We have our custom datacard and we migrated it to version 2024.

Now we are missing the close button in the right upper corner, and we can only close the datacard in the task bar.

What can be wrong ?

Datacard.jpg

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Markus.Koechl
in reply to: g_v_rooy

You are missing the Window itself; this happens if you don't update your customizations to the new window definitions supporting dark and light themes. This article describes the background and shares a link to step-by-step migration documentation: Vault Data Standard - Themes Support - It's All Just Ones and Zeros (typepad.com)

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 3 of 6
g_v_rooy
in reply to: Markus.Koechl

Hello,

I know last post was  while ago, but we didn't have time to fix the issue.

I've read the documents wher you linked to, but it is difficcult  to understand.

Can somebody point out exactly how to get the frame back ?

Tnx in advance

Message 4 of 6
Markus.Koechl

You need to update your XAML files. You follow the step-by-step instructions in the documentation to update the XAML header and the styles or copy a default dialog definition Inventor.XAML from 2024 \CAD\Configuration\ and replace the node "Grid" with the same from your existing Inventor.XAML file: 

MarkusKoechl_1-1717488279391.png

I hope this helps. Your dialog looks comprehensively extended, so I assume the author of the existing customization should be able to make this update.

Markus Koechl

Message 5 of 6
g_v_rooy
in reply to: Markus.Koechl

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunatly I can not find the original Inventor.XMAL file, while it is overwritten.

This is how our file looks like now :

g_v_rooy_0-1717504331755.png

Message 6 of 6
Markus.Koechl

You can download the original from here: VDS-Sample-Configurations-2024/VDS-MFG-Sample/CAD/Configuration/Inventor.xaml at master · koechlm/VD...

We recommend not to override the files in .\CAD\ or .\Vault\; make a copy of the files in \CAD.Custom\* or \Vault.Custom\ while maintaining the subfolders and apply your customizations in these files only. This allows to switch back to Autodesk default configuration by renaming .Custom to any other name, e.g..CustomRenamed. VDS loads the custom files if found, otherwise it runs with the Autodesk templates (default configuration).

Markus Koechl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report