Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Standard: Save in-place created parts in Inventor very slow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
smilinger
259 Views, 2 Replies

Data Standard: Save in-place created parts in Inventor very slow

In Inventor if you create an in-place part in an active assembly document and save it, the Data Standard window is shown, then when you click OK, it takes many seconds to finish. It may not be so obvious with a fast connection, however, if the vault server is accessed from a not-so-fast VPN, or the server is itself very busy, then it takes 15+ seconds to save only a single empty part. This is a little unbearable.

I tried to analyze the network traffic using Fiddler, and then I could see that to save a single part, Data Standard sends 350+ HTTP requests to the server, and most of them are just repeated requests, Why?

For comparison, saving a part alone (not in-place) sends 69 requests, faster, but still many repeated requests.

If I disable Data Standard, it only sends 10+ requests, much faster.

The number of requests also depends on whether you are using a numbering scheme.

I hope this can be fixed. Otherwise, imagine we are creating multi-body parts from a layout part, and saving the assembly, it will take ages to complete.

300 HTTP requests when saving a part300 HTTP requests when saving a part

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Markus.Koechl
in reply to: smilinger

Hello @smilinger, thank you for your heads-up and analysis on this. May I ask you to submit a support request on this, as we won't be able to resolve it here?

Thanks!

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 3 of 3
smilinger
in reply to: Markus.Koechl

Unfortunately, it is not very convenient for me to file a support case at the moment, however, I think the issue I described here is very easy to reproduce, and it should be irrelevant to the environment or any specific implementation.

I have recorded a video here, FYI.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report