Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-in Vault 2022 load but don't work

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
marcelo.zatteraBGGNH
262 Views, 5 Replies

Add-in Vault 2022 load but don't work

Hello.

I have created an add-in for Vault 2022 following the guidance in the Vault 2022 SDK help, but it is not working, the add-in is loaded by Vault but does not return anything.

My target platform add-in is on x64.

I've repaired the Visual Studio 2022 and Vault installation and it still isn't working.

I put a break point in the method OnLoad and don't stop.

I created a very simple add-in just to test, below I detail how I did it.

Assembly ClassAssembly ClassClassClassExtensions FolderExtensions FolderReferencesReferencesVCET ConfigVCET Config

I don't know what to do anymore, so I'm here asking for help.

Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi!

I followed the steps in this tutorial and still had no success. 😔

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

On the Vault SDK folder (the folder that you find if you install the SDK), you'll find some .net projects example that Autodesk has provided. You can start from that projects.

Message 5 of 6

And - besides reviewing the sample projects (C#, VB.NET), you can start your own project best from Visual Studio templates (C# only; standalone app, event handler, and custom jobs). An AU class provides more inside of each of it: https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Autodesk-Vault-2020-Programming-101-2019

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 6 of 6

Hi!

I found the problem. The AssemblyDescription property cannot be empty.

Assembly file.png
After fixing this issue, everything worked correctly.
I found the solution to my problem at https://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/extension-deployment-checklist.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report