Community
Unreal Live Link for Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Unreal Live Link topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the latest and most stable version of the LiveLink Unreal to Maya plugin

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mettam
780 Views, 5 Replies

What is the latest and most stable version of the LiveLink Unreal to Maya plugin

What is the latest plugin that actually works well between Maya 2023 and the latest Unreal?
I ask this because I see that in one of the plugin releases version 2.3, it is noted that there is lag between Maya and Unreal when translating objects. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Carlos_Carpintero
in reply to: mettam

Hello!

The latest version of the plugin will depend on the version of Unreal you are using. If you are using UE 5.2, then you will need to use Livelink 2.3. As noted, there is an issue when scrubbing the timeline in Maya and having some lag with the animation updating in Unreal (the workaround is to scrub the Unreal Engine timeline instead of Maya's). This is due to a change in Unreal Engine 5.2. We reported the issue to Epic and hopefully they get a fix for it a future release.

There are no differences feature-wise between 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3. The only difference is that they've been recompiled to work with a specific verision of Unreal Engine, i.e. there are separate versions of Livelink for UE 5.1 and 5.0. 

-Carlos

Message 3 of 6
mettam

Thanks for your reply Carlos. 
Currently, I am using the plugin UnrealLiveLinkForMaya-1.1.1.msi  between Maya 2023 and Unreal 5.0.3. This seems to be working, and there appears to be no lag. But my question is what important updates am I missing by using version 1.1.1  And would there be a more up-to-date one that doesn't have the noted lag? 

Message 4 of 6
Carlos_Carpintero

The biggest improvement you are missing is in v2.0. We introduced the ability to link assets which allows the streaming of animation data from Maya to Unreal. This means that animation data is automatically sent to Unreal Engine so you no longer have to export an fbx file from Maya and then import it into UE to get your animation. There are also other improvements like the ability to create UE assets such as anim sequences through the Maya UI. Since you are on UE 5.0.3 you can get all those new features. You can get the plugin here.

There is a great tutorial video showing how to stream animation data from Maya to Unreal and other new features here.

Message 5 of 6
mettam

I see there are a few different LiveLink Plugins to enable in Unreal. There is "LiveLink", "LiveLinkCamera", and "MayaLiveLink".
Should I enable all of them or just the "Maya Live Link" one with the Autodesk logo?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Message 6 of 6
mettam

I just saw the answer to the above question. We only need to load the Maya_Live_link plugin and we can ignore the others. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report