Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop recommendations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
paulhadman2FQ7A
130 Views, 4 Replies

Laptop recommendations

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice for which laptop to purchase to run the following, Inventor / Plant 3D / Autocad 3D but also handle point cloud data so Trimble fieldlink and Recap, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rxi.gg
in reply to: paulhadman2FQ7A

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/adata-xpg-xenia-15-gaming-laptop-intel-i7-11800h-nvidia-geforce-rtx-307...

Roi G. | AUTODESK REVIT & DYNAMO EXPERT

Da un "Me gusta" si la respuesta te ha resultado útil y acéptala como solución si ha resuelto tu duda.
Give a "Like" if the answer has been useful to you and accept it as a solution if it has solved your doubt.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

You want to actually purchase what each laptop maker calls in some form or fashion their line of MOBILE WORKSTATIONS. They almost all have them.
Message 4 of 5
ahmadaldo

Hello,

you can go to this link and select a software you want to use the most. Then, select the desired software version:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/system-requirements?_ga=2.8563061.1747521350.1655964160-12445...

Here I attach the requirements for Plant 3D and Inventor:

ahmadaldo_0-1656059800031.png

ahmadaldo_1-1656059839729.png

Message 5 of 5

It depends on the goals. If you only need a laptop for work, then MacBook will be a great solution. However, it is famous only for its speed, while it has problems with ports and not all programs work on MacBook.

I prefer the good old rule. Take a priority application/video game, look at its characteristics and choose a laptop based on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report