Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Conferences go digital for 2020

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kate.merriman
484 Views, 3 Replies

AU Conferences go digital for 2020

Hello everyone - we wanted to relay an announcement that went out today regarding the Autodesk University conferences worldwide. 

"As we continue to monitor and respond to the challenges caused by COVID-19, Autodesk has decided to host all Autodesk University conferences as digital experiences this year. This includes the flagship at Las Vegas, and all international AU events. Read more in the News from AU blog post and you can stay updated about new information on these digital events, including event dates and speaker opportunities, on the Autodesk University homepage."

Visit the FAQ page for specific questions, including proposals submitted for AU London and transitioning other AU international events. I'd like to point out that the specific details of what the digital conferences will look like has not been shared yet, but the AU team will quickly be working to roll out more details. 

If you have any thoughts, or ideas about how you'd like to see community represented digitally, we would love to hear from you!

Kate Merriman
Program Manager
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
caddude1
in reply to: kate.merriman

In light of current conditions, I feel your decision was inevitable. I do not think it will be the same, as we have been doing virtual everything for so long, that AU, will really be missed as a person to person event. I will especially miss the opportunities to meet other EE's, as this is my first year as one. I will miss the events and gatherings with the group based on what I have heard past years activities were. I hope that there will be a physical get together next year for AU, and perhaps one fro the EE"s. I do not know how you can best do something different digitally for the EE group, perhaps come sort of attire (custom shirt?) or other sent to members prior to the event?

Mark

Mark Behrens
Controls Designer/CAD Manager
42 year AutoCAD user | 15 year AutoCAD Electrical user
Message 3 of 4
caddude1
in reply to: kate.merriman

Just an idea on the virtual events, but what if there was a pass that would allow someone to access all the AU sessions, wherever they are held? I think it would be neat to be able to see the presentation that is done in other countries (especially Germany). We could get a chance to see how different places present similar information with their cultural influences.

Thank you,

Mark Behrens

Mark Behrens
Controls Designer/CAD Manager
42 year AutoCAD user | 15 year AutoCAD Electrical user
Message 4 of 4
kate.merriman
in reply to: caddude1

Yes, I understand completely AND we will definitely have some plans to do something for Expert Elite members, stay tuned!

Kate Merriman
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report