Community
Tandem Forum
Welcome to Autodesk's Tandem Forum. Please share your knowledge, ask questions, collaborate on ideas, and explore forum topics
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tandem stream data from excel file

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Rahma_MorshedWDF4L
636 Views, 8 Replies

Tandem stream data from excel file

Hello, 

I have been wondering if i could post data to tandem connection stream from an excel file containing a series of history data defined by  parameter and timestamp? I would appreciate you letting me know if there is a way.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

Yes, you can certainly do this and would suggest performing a POST to Tandem's generic webhook.  In Tandem if you go to connections > click the 3 vertical ellipsis > webhook integration > and within that configuration if you click the hyperlinked "Here", we have example code on how to achieve this.  Ultimately you'll have to write a program that creates a payload and convert your timestamps to unix like:

[
{
temperatureValue: 25,
pressureValue: 100,
id: 'AQAAAJVLslwb80o0jqA8wgUzxPYAAAAA',

ts: 1713902785
},
{
temperatureValue: 23,
pressureValue: 95,
id: 'AQAAAJVLslwb90o0jqA9wgUzxQYAAAAA',

ts: 1713902785
}
]

You would then POST this data to the webhook given to you by Tandem.

This can also be done in Tandem Connect if you regularly schedule these files to go to an sftp server for example or maybe the data is accessible via REST API.

Any questions, please let us know.  Thanks!

Derek

Message 3 of 9

Sorry for the late reply!

This is very helpful thank you... I am trying to use Tandem Connect for that purpose as you suggested,  but I have a problem creating the right flow for that purpose. Is there a sample pipeline to start with that can be used to get data from an Excel file and post it to my stream?

Message 4 of 9

Sure, we can help with that.  Is it an excel file that is hosted in SharePoint that TandemConnect would be able to access?  Or perhaps a more direct connection to the system where this data is coming from?

Thanks,

Derek

Message 5 of 9

Currently, it's not on SharePoint; it's on my local server. Do we require it to be on a cloud storage platform? I can utilize OneDrive for that if necessary to facilitate the process.

Thanks for your help,

Rahma

Message 6 of 9

It will be the easiest at this point.

One Drive works well, we can use our Microsoft Graph plugin to authenticate and read that file.  If you could start here:  

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/getting-started/msa-oauth?view=odsp-gr... 

This will show you how to setup access to your environment.  Once that is in place, we can work together to build out the pipeline.

Thanks!

Derek

Message 7 of 9

Well, I'm checking the link you sent, I found it a bit more complicated than i thought. So i am trying to create that access token and will get back to you. If there is a way we can use to link the file directly from my PC locally to Tandem connect, please let me know how to do it.

Thanks 

Rahma

Message 8 of 9

This is an old video, but if you can convert your CSV file into a JSON format (there are web sites that can do this) you can use postman to send it.

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 9 of 9
rahma_202010551
in reply to: AdamPeter

I tried that and it was successful. Trying now to do it using Tandem Connect.

Thanks for the support.

Rahma 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report