Community
Tandem Forum
Welcome to Autodesk's Tandem Forum. Please share your knowledge, ask questions, collaborate on ideas, and explore forum topics
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging Assets - Next Steps

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AdamPeter
595 Views, 5 Replies

Tagging Assets - Next Steps

Hello Community!  Check out this latest video we put together to help with some of the next steps after uploading a model to Autodesk Tandem.  Please ask questions or leave comments.  We would love to interact with you!

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Omar_Amen
in reply to: AdamPeter

Hi @AdamPeter,
thanks for the video,
I've followed all the steps and assigned the parameters values as shown:

tandem1.png

Unfortunately the usage report still zero count the tagged assets, making me wondering about the steps I've just done, if it got wrong step/process in the middle!

tandem2.png

Message 3 of 6
AdamPeter

so, I just double checked with the team and that report self updates every 24 hours.  You can force an update by selecting the "Clean Tagged Assets" button if you would like.  Technically what it is doing is looking for any parameter sets that may have been removed or orphaned and cleans those out of the facility, but it also forces a read of the database and should update your numbers.  It would be good for us to get some additional feedback on expectations on this interface, and I know we have some ways to go to further develop this.

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 4 of 6
Omar_Amen

Thanks it's finally worked!
as you mentioned after selecting the "Clean Tagged Assets" button, it updated the value!

tandemSol.png

Message 5 of 6
enovakCWY5M

I have similar questions about tagged assets and noticed that the Tandem user interface is different than the video posted here. In fact, I can't find any references to Parameter Sets, just the ability to add Parameters to my facility model, which I did. Here's what I see and what I don't see are any places to create Parameter Sets. Thanks.

enovakCWY5M_0-1703815799285.png

Message 6 of 6
AdamPeter

@enovakCWY5M you are correct that Parameter sets are a thing of the past. Sorry for the old video, and it looks like you've found the right help page.

The back story is that Parameter sets were supposed to be grouped together and assigned to particular types of facilities (airports and hospitals, for example). However over time with feedback and observation was that most parameter names were going to be the same from facility to facility (manufacturer, Warranty end date, etc.). So the team removed parameter sets and simply assigned parameters to the facility template itself. 

It is on our list to create a new video with updated workflows, so we appreciate the feedback!

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report