Community
Tandem Forum
Welcome to Autodesk's Tandem Forum. Please share your knowledge, ask questions, collaborate on ideas, and explore forum topics
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Host doesn't display stream data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chad-Smith
345 Views, 3 Replies

Stream Host doesn't display stream data

I'm having a hard time understanding what the expected relationship is between a Stream and its Host element.

Let's think about a really simple IoT example of a Temperature/Humidity sensor (HT Sensor) in a Room.

• The HT Sensor element is associated with a Stream and a Room.
  • The Stream is associated with a Host and a Room.
  • Both the HT Sensor and the Stream is assigned to the same Classification.
  • This means that both the HT Sensor and the Stream are assigned the same Parameters.

But what I am finding is that the HT Sensor element doesn't have its Parameters populated in the same way as the Stream.

Is there a logical reason in this example that doesn't make it clear why it does this, whereas a more complex building services element+stream might make it more obvious?

HT Sensor element

ChadSmith_2-1711869452999.png

Stream

ChadSmith_0-1711869369911.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi there! I have experienced a similar scenario in a case where my model had the occupancy sensor devices (i.e. hosts) modeled as a Revit element and I was streaming data to a Tandem Connection. If I am understanding you correctly, in your use-case you would like to see the same data when you select a Connection (green dot) or the Host (modeled element). In other words, the stream parameter is reflected as parameter of the host. Currently, Tandem only allows the incoming data payload to be sent/posted to one Connection. So even if you do classify them to be the same, the data only lands in one place. This might be something to raise to our Product team for consideration - https://intandem.autodesk.com/our-product-roadmap/

Message 3 of 4

@arundhati.ghosh wrote:

If I am understanding you correctly, in your use-case you would like to see the same data when you select a Connection (green dot) or the Host (modeled element). In other words, the stream parameter is reflected as parameter of the host.

That is correct.

But as per my original post, I'm not sure if more complex device/equipment examples may impact implementation of this and is why it currently isn't implemented.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @Chad-Smith - I cannot comment on why it is currently not implemented. The best way to bring this to our product team's attention is by submitting a feature request idea in the link above and providing details around your use-case. I do like your idea! A streamlined user experience for static and dynamic data in one panel would be great. I appreciate having Connections as separate entities from Assets primarily because it is rare that an actual IoT device would be modeled in 3D therefore removing that constraint. In the current implementation a Connection and a Host can have 1:many relationship allowing the ability to associate multiple streams of data with one asset; which is a plus for certain complex mechanical and process equipment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report