Community
Tandem Forum
Welcome to Autodesk's Tandem Forum. Please share your knowledge, ask questions, collaborate on ideas, and explore forum topics
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking google docs spreadsheet with tandem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rbroriz
305 Views, 1 Reply

Linking google docs spreadsheet with tandem

Good afternoon,
My name is Rodrigo Broquetas, I am an architect by profession, and I studied a master's degree in Architectural Heritage Conservation at the Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain. I am very interested in BIM and heritage, so for my Master's Final Project (TFM) I proposed to implement solutions to manage and combine dispersed information related to historical assets in a particular case. At the same time I proposed that this information model could be fed in real time with information provided by sensors.
That is why I was interested in testing the Beta version of Autodesk Tandem, since it seems to have all the necessary attributes to serve as an example of information integration in a HBIM model.
My particular project is related to the visitor management of the Valencia Cathedral Museum.
I made my BIM model from a point cloud with Autodesk Revit, and that information was uploaded to the Autodesk Tandem platform. Also with the help of an engineer friend I developed two people counters with an Arduino board that sends data in real time via internet. These data are dumped to a Google Docs spreadsheet. I have in one column the date and time, and in another column how many people are visiting the museum at that moment.
What I would like to achieve is to link that Google Docs spreadsheet with my BIM model that is hosted in Tandem, so far I have tried but I could not achieve it.
Is it possible to do it? Can you help me? I have no programming knowledge, so this implementation is costing me a lot.
Thank you very much, I will be very grateful if you could give me an answer.
Rodrigo Broquetas.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AdamPeter
in reply to: rbroriz

Hello Rodrigo!

This would be possible to do with streams in Tandem. I have a clarifying question as you mention that the data is dumped into a google docs spreadsheet. Do you know how that is happening today? I would imagine that whatever mechanism you are using to do that could be modified to send it directly to Tandem via an HTTP Post request. It would need to be in JSON format for Tandem to ingest the data. You could also convert your historic data to a JSON file and use a script to send that data to Tandem, again using an HTTP Post request. If you have not taken a peak you can look at our help content HERE, or also read through this very helpful walkthrough from our API page. Feel free to reach out to me directly as well if you need additional assistance.

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report