Student Room
Welcome to the Autodesk Student Room. Join us to learn about the latest industry trends, connect with other members, showcase your work, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Preventing Automatic Rounding in Inch .ipt File

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
c2317301Y5JSV
166 Views, 2 Replies

Help Needed: Preventing Automatic Rounding in Inch .ipt File

I hope you're all doing well. I have a quick question about drawing in an inch .ipt file. When I input specific parameters, the software automatically rounds them up, which isn't what I need. Here’s an example of the issue I'm facing.

(Although my professor mentioned that it's not necessary to fix this, I’m eager to learn how to address it. If anyone could offer some guidance, I would greatly appreciate it.)

Thank you, and have a great day/night!

FYI; I posted the same question on another board so if u see me twice don't be surprised, hahaha!!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @c2317301Y5JSV,

I see you've already received some responses in the Inventor forum but I'd also recommend checking out this topic from last year which covers dimension rounding and tolerance.

I hope this helps,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 3 of 3

I've had the same problem before. What helped me was tweaking the precision settings in the software. You can usually find it under options or preferences—look for something related to units or precision. Once I adjusted that, the software stopped rounding my numbers. Hopefully, that works for you too!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums