Student Room
Welcome to the Autodesk Student Room. Join us to learn about the latest industry trends, connect with other members, showcase your work, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Education Plan FAQs

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
LeoWarren-EDU
1156 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Education Plan FAQs

Hi Everyone!

We've compiled answers to frequently asked questions about education plans and educational licenses in the community forums. We'll keep this up to date, so this may change periodically to reflect any changes in the Autodesk Education Plan.

Usage procedure and target audience:

1. Who is eligible for the Autodesk education plan?

2. How do I use my education license?

Eligibility verification process:

3. What documents are required to prove eligibility?

4. How long does it take to verify my eligibility?

5. My school at is not on the list of accredited educational institutions. How can I add it?

6. I applied for eligibility a few days ago, but I haven't heard from Autodesk. Please tell me who I can contact me to check the status of my application. 

7. My application is rejected even though I have submitted supporting documents. What should I do?

8. After entering the required information on the request form and clicking the [OK] button, a message stating, "Apologies for Delay. The verification system is currently experiencing a problem. We’re working hard to resolve the issue. Please try again later" is displayed and the application cannot be completed. What should I do? 

Expiration date and renewal method:

9. How long does my education plan last?

10. My license is about to expire. How do I renew?

11. I renewed my license, but when I access the software, I get the message, "Your educational license has expired." What should I do? 

12. Can I access older versions of Autodesk products with an Education license?

13. Can I use my education plan for commercial use?

14. Can I add work created using an educational license to my resume/portfolio to support a job application? 

15. Can I use work I created as a student using an educational license for commercial use later?

License Types

16. What license types are available for educational licenses?

17. I currently have an Education Single User License. Can I convert to an Educational Network License?

18. Can I convert from an Education Network License to an Education Multi-Seat Standalone License? And i...

19. I don't see an option for an Education Network License or an Education Multi-Seat Standalone License...

Other:

20. Is there a webpage where I can find frequently asked questions about education licenses?

21. I can't find an answer or solution on this topic and in the community forum. How do I contact Autodesk Education Support? 

Question 1:  Who is eligible for the Autodesk education plan?

Answer 1:

Eligible students and faculty must be enrolled or employed at an accredited educational institution or have an employment contract with an accredited educational institution. An accredited educational institution is an institution accredited by an authorized government whose primary purpose is to educate current students. It includes middle schools, high schools, higher education institutions, and homeschools.

Education plans are only available to students who are 13 years of age or older.

For more information, see  Who is eligible for an education plan?

Question 2: How do I use an education license?

Answer 2:

For instructions, see the following pages:

Question 3: What documents are required to prove eligibility?

Answer 3:

Your submission must include the following:

• Name (the name on the document must match the name on your Autodesk Account)
  • Official name of the educational institution
  • Dates within the current semester

Here are some examples of documents that contain the above items:

• Official documents issued by your institution (see templates for students and faculty)
  • Certificate of Enrollment / Certificate of Employment
  • Tuition receipt
  • Student or faculty ID (photo is not mandatory)
  • Transcript
  • List of faculty and staff on the school's website

For more information, see  Review student and instructor eligibility.

Question 4: How long does it take to verify my eligibility?

Answer 4:

• If your school doesn't appear on the list of accredited educational institutions, it can take up to seven days to verify your school.
  • If you need to upload supporting documents, it can take up to two days to verify your eligibility.

You will not be able to use the software until you have verified your Education plan eligibility. Please verify your qualification well in advance so that you can use your education plan before the start of classes.

If you need to use Autodesk software in a hurry during eligibility verification, you can use a  30-day free trial.

Question 5: My school is not on the list of accredited educational institutions. How can I add it?

Answer 5:

If your institution isn't listed, click "Request to add school" below the list to apply. If approved, the institution you applied for will be added to the list of accredited educational institutions.

It can take up to seven days to add to the list. Visit the  Education wesbite and sign in after 7 days to see if your institution is added to the list.

Question 6: I applied for eligibility a few days ago, but I haven't heard from Autodesk. Please tell me who can contact me to check the status of my application.

Answer 6:

Please contact education support, who can look into your application and see where it is in the system.

Question 7: My application is rejected even though I have submitted valid supporting documents. What should I do?

Answer 7:

Double-check your submission to see if it includes the following:

• Name (the name on the document must match the name on your Autodesk Account)
  • Official name of the educational institution
  • Dates within the current semester

If you are eligible and have submitted valid supporting document, but have been rejected multiple times or exceeded the maximum number of applications, please reach out to Educational Support.

Question 8: When I fill in the required information on the application form and click the [OK] button, you can see "Apologies for the delay. The verification system is currently experiencing a problem. We’re working hard to resolve the issue. Please try again later." message appears, and the application cannot be completed. What should I do?

Answer 8:

The message says, "There is a problem with the authentication system," but the Education Support team has reported that the error message is caused by the Autodesk Account you are trying to apply for (as of January 2023).

If you still see the same message after a few days, try the following methods.

1. If you're using Safari, use a different browser.
  2. Use incognito mode in a browser other than Safari that doesn't save your browsing history or cookie.s
  3. If none of the above helps, follow these instructions (answer 21)  to contact Educational Support.

Question 9:  How long does my education plan last for?

Answer 9:

Autodesk Education plans are valid for one year. The expiration date is displayed at the top of the page when you access the Education product page and sign in to your account.

Question 10: My license is about to expire. How do I renew?

Answer 10:

As the expiration date approaches, you will receive an in-product notification or email notification about the renewal. Sign in to your account on the Education product page and click Renew Now to renew.

You must complete the eligibility process again to renew your license. Please complete the renewal procedure in advance with plenty of time.

It can also be renewed after it has expired. On the  Get Product page, sign in to your account and click Renew Access in the notification banner at the top to complete the update.

Question 11: I renewed my license, but when I access the software, I see the message "My educational license has expired." What should I do?

Answer 11:

To complete the license reactivation, you must click the Get Product button once, even if the product is installed on your machine.

To reactivate your license, on the Get Products page, click the Get Products button at the bottom of each product and download the installer to gain access to the software. You don't need to reinstall.

Question 12: Can I access older versions of Autodesk products with an Education license?

Answer 12:

Education licenses, with the exception of some products, allow you to access the latest version and up to three previous versions.

Please download each version from the "Get Product" page.

See:  Downloading Previous Autodesk Software | Installing Separately

Question 13:  Can I use my education plan for commercial use?

Answer 13:

The software and services available in the Education plan may only be used for purposes directly related to learning, training, and research. It may not be used for commercial, professional, or other for-profit purposes.

See:  Terms of Use | Education | Autodesk

Commercial use also includes:

• Internships
  • Use on monetized video streaming services, affiliates, etc.

Question 14: Can I add work created under an educational license to my resume/portfolio as part of a job application?

Answer 14:

In order to express the skills acquired in the previous curriculum in job hunting, it is possible to include work created under an educational license in the portfolio.

However, the license cannot be used for commercial activities such as work during internships.

Question 15: Can I use work I created as a student under an educational license for commercial use later?

Answer 15:

Educational licenses are licensed only for purposes directly related to learning, training, or research, and may not be used for commercial, professional, institutional, or other for-profit purposes.

See:  Terms of Use | Education | Autodesk

If you want to use a work you created as a student for commercial use, you will need to recreate it with a subscription Autodesk product.

Question 16: What license types are available for educational licenses?

Answer 16:

There are three types of education licenses available:

Education Single User licenses – also available as a 125 user class license

Education Multi-Seat Standalone License

Education Network License

For more information, check our support page.

Question 17: I currently have an Education Single User License. Can I convert to an Educational Network License?

Answer 17:

Students can only use Single User licenses and IT Admins can only use institutional licenses (Multi-seat standalone and Network Licenses).

Educators can choose whether they wish to access Single User licenses as a 125-user class license they can assign to students or access institutional licenses. If an educator wishes to change between Single User licenses and Institutional licenses, please contact educational support.

Question 18: Can I convert from an Education Network License to an Education Multi-Seat Standalone License? And is it possible vice versa?

Answer 18:

Yes, provided you already have access to Network License, you will also have access to Multi-Seat Standalone (and vice-versa).

If you wish to change to one of the above licensing method, visit the educational products page, click the product card you want to license. Select the relevant license from the menu, proceed with license registration and activation

How to Register a Multi-Seat Standalone License for Educational Institutions

How to register an educational network license

Question 19: I don't see an option for an Education Network License or an Education Multi-Seat Standalone License. How can I access these licenses?

Answer 19:

Make sure you are using an account where you selected IT Admin as your role or Educator and then selected the option for institutional licensing. Student Accounts and Educators using class licenses do not have access to these license types.

Question 20:  Is there a webpage where I can find frequently asked questions about the Autodesk Education Plan?

Answer 20:

Frequently asked questions about education plans can be found on the following pages:

Question 21:  I can't find an answer or solution in this topic and community forum. How do I contact Autodesk Education Support?

Answer 21:

For Education Support, please get in touch with us via the universal assistant:

Universal assistant (1).png

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Whilst we endeavour to keep these up to date, if you notice any changes or have a tip to share, please let me know 🙂

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums