Structural Bridge Design Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Structural Bridge Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Structural Bridge Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Bridge Design 2025.0 is now available

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
simon_hooper
954 Views, 9 Replies

Structural Bridge Design 2025.0 is now available

Autodesk® Structural Bridge Design 2025.0 is now available to download via the Autodesk® Access Desktop App or in All Products and Services for Structural Bridge Design as part of your Autodesk Account.

The new features are detailed here.

The fixed issues are detailed here

Simon Hooper
Software Development

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
netsonicyxf
in reply to: simon_hooper

"Structural Bridge Design 2025 now operates as a 64-bit application."

Does this mean it won't have any limited memory issue as long as the physical memeory is enough?

Message 3 of 10
mvargasHVY57

checking 2025 version

For checking a concrete section, the software does not allow updating the size of the bar once these have been generated, can you please confirm if this is a bug?

video link in the following

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DOpKmq2-IlG7KPLV5WJc1o5vUZE9B-JA/view?usp=sharing 

Message 4 of 10
dave_geeves
in reply to: mvargasHVY57

Hi,

Yes, I notice that there is a difference in the behaviour in the reinforcement definition in a section, between version 2024 2nd 2025 such that the diameter cannot be changed in the data form.  I have no idea why this has been changed but it should be noted that using "edit bars"  for one or more selected bars  will allow the bar diameter to be changed, probably a little quicker than changing one bar at a time.

dave_geeves_0-1715290084174.png

So, I'm not sure if this is a bug or more of a designed change.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Dave Geeves

Message 5 of 10

I noticed that in the latest versions of ASBD (2024, 2025) it is not possible to insert temperature and wind loads into dead load combinations

vladimirprokopovich_0-1715851773511.png

Because of this it is necessary to do a lot of manual work for inserting such loads into Traffic loads combinations

vladimirprokopovich_1-1715851797975.png

As you know, it is necessary to follow EN 1990 

vladimirprokopovich_2-1715851830367.png

I know that there are other possibilities to manage with the combinations, for instance the Line beam model and the Transfer of structural analysis results tool, but in my opinion it also possible and efficient just to add them into “dead load” combinations once

vladimirprokopovich_3-1715851851730.png

And I must mention that in ASBD 2023 it was possible! 

vladimirprokopovich_4-1715851880051.png

And it was very convenient for combinations

vladimirprokopovich_5-1715851909121.png

And  for envelopes

vladimirprokopovich_6-1715851937457.png

Summary - I believe that the 2024 and 2025 versions are worse in this regard and I will have to spend a lot of time manually inserting these loads into traffic load combinations.

What's your opinion?

@dave_geeves 

Message 6 of 10

Hi Vladimir

Upon investigation, I have concluded that only version 2023 allows for temperature loads in a Eurocodes dead load combination. There was a defect in version 2023 that bypassed the load case type check present in versions older than 2023, thus allowing temperature loads. However, this issue was resolved in versions from 2024 onwards. Nevertheless, I agree that the inclusion of temperature loads in a dead load combination could be beneficial. I will document this enhancement and advocate for its implementation.

Thanks

Simon

Simon Hooper
Software Development

Message 7 of 10
SamLichtwark

Hi @simon_hooper, I am unable to get the Automation to run successfully with the 2025 version, even when using the built-in examples. The following line is always returning "False":

SamLichtwark_0-1715893021131.png

The issue seems to be occurring within this process in SBDHelper.cs, where an exit code of 204 is being returned:

SamLichtwark_1-1715893166518.png

The log and the output file actually indicate that the analyses were performed successfully, but the RunSBD method is still returning False for a reason I am unable to identify, and therefore the main script returns the message "Unable to run SBD" and the WriteAllCSVResults() method does not run.

I have tried multiple analyses and the results are the same. Are you experiencing the same issues and do you have any suggestions for a fix?

Cheers,

Sam

Message 8 of 10
simon_hooper
in reply to: SamLichtwark

Hi Sam

I will look into this tomorrow. Could I ask you repost this question to a new thread so we can track and reply in context (instead of the 2025 announcement thread).

Thanks

Simon

Simon Hooper
Software Development

Message 9 of 10
SamLichtwark

Sure thing, thanks Simon

Message 10 of 10
cadbull24

Best Structural Bridge Design CAD Blocks Download

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report