Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stingray WEbGL 2.0 support issue

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1627 Views, 10 Replies

stingray WEbGL 2.0 support issue

I am doing some R n D on stingray, i am facing some issue when i deployed a packet for WEbGL 2.0 supported browser,

screen shot also attached.

kindly share your thoughts on this if you have the solution.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
__ben__
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there any additional information contained in the Stingray log window? From the screenshot alone it is difficult to tell where the problem is.

Message 3 of 11
paul.kind
in reply to: __ben__

Are you running a 64 bit version of the browser?  Any additional information would also be helpful.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.kind

PFA Browser Console report

Message 5 of 11
RobertGoulet

Looks like your browser is unable to create the WebGL 2.0 canvas. Please make sure you run Chrome 57 at minimum, since WebGL 2.0 was experimental before this release (it previously required to enable it with a flag). Then make sure your video driver is up-to-date at latest version. Browsers tend to blacklist drivers if they are not recent enough.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: RobertGoulet

PFA

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.kind

PFA

Message 8 of 11
RobertGoulet

Can you go to about:gpu and check if hardware accelerated graphics are enabled for your browser? Should show something close to this:

Graphics Feature Status

• Canvas: Hardware accelerated
  • Flash: Hardware accelerated
  • Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated
  • Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Hardware accelerated
  • Compositing: Hardware accelerated
  • Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
  • Native GpuMemoryBuffers: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
  • Rasterization: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
  • Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
  • Video Encode: Hardware accelerated
  • VPx Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
  • WebGL: Hardware accelerated
  • WebGL2: Hardware accelerated
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: RobertGoulet

PFA

Message 10 of 11
RobertGoulet

Are you running on a computer that has more than one video card? Sometimes it has been reported that browsers could fail to pick the right graphic adapter when creating 3D accelerated contexts. That could explain it. Please verify if other web sites also fails to create the WebGL 2.0 context.

Otherwise I'm out of ideas as to why Chrome would fail to create the WebGL 2.0 context, you'd have to check with the Chrome team.

Message 11 of 11
alex

Try Verge3D for 3ds Max or Maya instead. Unlike Stingray it supports Maya/Max materials natively and comes with one-click browser preview feature to simplify creating web-based interactives.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report