Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch controller to "walk" in model instead of teleporting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
harold.vicknair
1069 Views, 4 Replies

Oculus Touch controller to "walk" in model instead of teleporting

Good morning to All!

I am new to VR and working on development for a client to take Plant 3D to a VR level. I have my VR looking pretty good, Have triggers setup and motion via stories and imported max animations. BUt the client hates to teleport instead of walk in his model. I have followed some videos posted by people in the forum but I cannot get this to work. I am a modeler not a programmer and I may just be in over my head here but I am so close to what the client wants.
Below is my flow in the Level flow. Any help would be appreciated.

flow for thumb.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I have solved the problem of "walking" in the model. I was placing the above Flow in the level flow. once I created this flow in the character it all worked.

But now my Character will not climb on top of other physic actors. I only go through them. I have gone through the character template and duplicated the physics on the character as well as the objects with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated?

Message 3 of 5

Hi @harold.vicknair, can you also explain how can we use the character facing direction as the front side of navigation of thumbstick.. I tried HMD pose and feel it will do the job, but dont know where to put in.. Can you help?

Message 4 of 5

Good morning

Are you  using Max interactive?
I have left interactive for Unity. There is so much more information on Unity.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the quick revert @harold.vicknair 

Yes I want to use Max Interactive primarily as my team is used to 3ds Max for our archviz. And Max Interactive provides a seamless workflow between them. First I started with Unreal but it has a great learning curve for my team, which I don't want.

Do you have any idea how can I achieve this in Max Interactive??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report