Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need these Demos

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MclarenFM
526 Views, 3 Replies

Need these Demos

Hello everyone,

I'm a PhD student and I found Stingray (Interactive) very useful for my project, but I need to learn more...

I saw this video (Introducing the Autodesk Stingray 3D game engine):

https://vimeo.com/134982672

In this video there are some demos that I couldn't find them anywhere!

Are these demos available to download or they are commercial???

I specially need these demos: "Robot FPS Project" and "Pinball Project" (the "Robot FPS Project" is more important for me).

It seems these projects are very old and are not exist anymore!

If any of you have these demo projects, could you please share them with me (even for a very short time)?

They help me A LOT and I REALLY need them...

Thank you so much for your attention...

Kind Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Shanii2
in reply to: MclarenFM

Stingray (interactive) is not a standalone product. anymore, though u can get. with MayaLt-2018 (stingray-1.9).. or either 3ds-Max 2018(Interactive.2.0), 2019(interactive2.1),2020(interactive 2.2)  there is signifacantly no differece however there are lot of adon plugins for stingray1.9 and good fro making apps.. while Interactive is improved with much visual quality and improeved VR compaibilities.. All of them have project templates, and Online examples and assets so you can get start with. it.

Message 3 of 4
MclarenFM
in reply to: Shanii2

Hi Shanii2,

Thank you so much for your reply...

If you take a look at other game engines, such as UE4, Unity3D, CryEngine, etc., they all have some really great demo projects (almost complete projects) that we can learn A LOT from them...

Unfortunately, Stingray/Interactive template projects are not as good as other game engine's demos...

Maybe you say why you choose Stingray/Interactive???!!!

My answer depends on many things! Simply I found Stingray/Interactive REALLY AWESOME for my specific project and I LOVE and ENJOY using Stingray/Interactive much more than other game engines...

Anyway, I found that the Stingray demos (that I mentioned in the video in my first post) are for "GDC 2015 Conference" and some developers have that demos...

I understand that Autodesk discontinued Stingray game engine (unfortunately) and more focused on Business projects in 3ds Max Interactive, but when there are some REALLY great demos for Stingray/Interactive, why only some special developers should have access to them!?

I'll be very appreciate if someone who has these demos, share them to other people because they are very helpful...

Thank you again for your attentions...

Your time and consideration are greatly apppreciated...

Kind Regards.

Message 4 of 4
Shanii2
in reply to: MclarenFM

Yes they'r are complete projects. and downlaodle examples there and u get pretty starting content. while there are 3 fully polished and complete game projects 2 archvis and 3 VR templates and so gives u up n really and also downlaodles assets like unity store and creative market integrated.  So i believe if you start up with sample projects and watch the tutorials past 3 years u can get good ride up in no time.. and the help Docs of Stingray and Max interactive (with 3ds max help docs ver 20--).. is very good detailed .. i hope there are plenty of stuff still to work with and the forum is currenlty and active and most of times u face problems there are already solutions that u might face. I hope u get good journey learn first star by 11 lesson quick star lessons and the 5 stingray learning lessons can help with basic walkthrough.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report