Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Vive - Doesn't display 3DS Max Interactive can someone advise what to do

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1901 Views, 6 Replies

HTC Vive - Doesn't display 3DS Max Interactive can someone advise what to do

Hi Guys, I have just downloaded 3DS Max Interactive and really excited to try build some environments using my HTC Vive. The headset is working fine with other programs. However for 3DS Max Interactive  it has a problem displaying the scene created using the Vive template. The scene is running on the PC but doesn't load into the Vive. Any advice will be much appreciated ....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey James,

It should be working fine. Is the light on the side of your HMD (Head Mounted Display) red or green when you test the project? Also is the scene tracking the HMD movements and just not showing it on the screen or nothing is happening at all?

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

Hi Ben, thanks for responding. The Vive is working great, Led light on side of headset is green, tracking stations are aligned and green. I can go into other applications and use the headset. What I noticed is that when I go into a 3DS Max Interactive template and run the VR it comes up with a box which shows the room on the PC screen and when I move the Vive headset it moves the scene within the Box on the PC screen but nothing in the headset. The other thing I noticed is that the mouse and PC trackpad function is disabled at when the box is open and the only way to return back to the main program is to press escape. Not sure if thats related to the problem or not.  

Message 4 of 7
BenBisares

Other than the black display everything else is behaving as it should

• Headset seems to be tracking
  • The keyboard/mouse not working is as designed as the default the input is from the Vive controllers

Do you get any errors/messages of interest in the Log Console?

Ben Bisares
Message 5 of 7
BenBisares

I have a few follow-ups

• Does your laptop have dual, integrated/discrete, GPUs? If so it's possible that 3ds Max Interactive is using the integrated Intel GPU and not the discrete Nvidia one. Can you try the steps in the following article (I know it's for AutoCAD but the steps are the same for Max Interactive) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...
  • Open the External Console (Window > External Console) and try launching the project again. See if there are any additional error messages there
  • Ensure that you're running Max Interactive as an Admin

Ben Bisares
Message 6 of 7
jameschill

Which headsets are recommended with 3ds Max Interactive?

James C. Hill
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

"

• Ensure that you're running Max Interactive as an Admin

"

It is the the key point!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report