Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Unique collisions in 3D MAX Interactive

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ThijsSchade
511 Views, 3 Replies

How to create Unique collisions in 3D MAX Interactive

Dear all,

I am trying to wrap my head arround this, but can't find the solution yet.

I would like to make unique colllision detection.

Two object colliding with eachother creates a unique event.

e.g I have 3 static objects A/B/C (w/ Actors) and 3 dynamic Objects 1/2/3 that I can pick up with my controller.

If I pick up Object 1 and collide with object A I create a unique event 1A.

I can do this with all three dynamic object so in theory I have 9 unique events:

1A, 1B, 3C, 2A, 2C, 2C, 3A, 3B and 3C.

How can I identify these 9 unique events? Because in all 9 cases I want something else to happen..

I would like to prevent messing with the global_physics scipt, because it might be different in another project.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hagen.deloss
in reply to: ThijsSchade

Hi @ThijsSchade 

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums!

First, here is a video on how to add collision to objects within 3ds max Interactive.

I'm sure you have already seen this documentation on physics for Max Interactive, but just in case, here it is.

Depending on the complexity of the dynamic objects, you can edit the weight of objects actor template (here is more information on that). If this sequence needs to be fully dynamic, you may be better off working in Unity.

It doesn't sound like the case, but is creating the animation in 3ds Max, baking a simulation into keyframes and then importing it as an FBX an option?

What version of 3ds Max Interactive are you working with?

I hope this information proves useful 😄

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 4
Shanii2

for unique collisions you have to add more types of collision filters, and collision templates, thereby defining what will/can collide with what, does it shows response, does it triger, or scene query etc.. define all those there fairly straight  forward since its all data driven, u can take help form help docs, and example projects on how they define in global physics,. file then its upto you to define your own way of interaction. without overburdeing the systems

Message 4 of 4
hagen.deloss

@ThijsSchade 

Any ideas or questions on @Shanii2  or I's previous posts? It would be helpful if you had time to give an update, that way other Community Members can benefit from your process 😄

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report