Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error after power outage 'exploded_database'

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
341 Views, 1 Reply

Fatal Error after power outage 'exploded_database'

Hello,

I was recently working towards the completion of a multiple level game when we had a complete power outage.

Just before the outage, all levels were working perfectly fine with the Stingray engine. After the outage, I restarted the computer and reopened my working levels. Only to be greeted with a 'Fatal Error' screen. See image below.

When the power outage happened, I was in the middle of testing a level with the Vive Pro. Restarting the engine doesn't work and I am unfamiliar with the data compiler and 'rebuilding it' (so am very hesitant to move forward). I am not "building my own executables".  

Any assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as there is currently hundreds of hours into this VR setup.

Regards.

FatalErrorIssue.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

So it seems that I resolved this issue.

I looked back at the files in the win32 Folder and saw that there were two with date stamps just before the power outage. Named 'exploded_database.db' and 'dependency_database.db'. By simply removing them from the folder and relaunching 3DSMaxi the data compiler started over again, rebuilding these files back into the same folder.

Hurray!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report