Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everytime I run the project on 3DS max Interactive/Stingray it crashes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1245 Views, 6 Replies

Everytime I run the project on 3DS max Interactive/Stingray it crashes

Hi 

I'm not sure what's happened but basically every time I attempt to "run project" on 3DS Max Interactive it just crashes with no hesitation and no error message. 

I've tried the "Test level" button and that works fine. I'm not sure what's caused this. 

I've even created a new project, imported the model and attempted that but it still crashes. It's not heavy on my RAM I'm very confused. 

Please help!

Thanks 

This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Great to hear from you on the forums! I'm wondering if you have used any of mesh cleanup tools in the modeling package you are using? It could be that some hidden/overlapping faces, or errant vertices are causing the crash. 

If you are using 3DS Max, I would suggest using Xview to isolate problem areas on your mesh just to double check. 

I will follow up with you shortly, looking forward to chatting with you further!

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Hi @hagen.deloss

Thanks for your reply!

It doesn't seem to be a problem with 3DS Max (the modelling package I'm using). 

3DS Max Interactive/Stingray seems to have the data compiled but then as it attempts to run the target, it crashes. It doesn't show in the log console as the program crashes overall.

Thanks

Sylvian 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi @hagen.deloss

Thanks for your reply!

It doesn't seem to be a problem with 3DS Max (the modelling package I'm using). 

3DS Max Interactive/Stingray seems to have the data compiled but then as it attempts to run the target, it crashes. It doesn't show in the log console as the program crashes overall.

Thanks

Sylvian 

Message 5 of 7
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous

I just want to make a note, I would refrain from posting your email address on the public forum, you can send it to me via a private message in the future 😄

I have a few questions to narrow things down further.

1. Have you been able to recreate the crash when loading in a different model from 3DS Max?
  2. What file type is the model? 
  3. What versions of 3DS Max and 3DS Max Interactive are you using?

Would you be able to send me the model you are trying to load into 3DS Max Interactive? I can attempt to recreate the crash on my end. Feel free to upload your file in a zip folder, or send me a file sharing link via a private message.

Hagen Deloss

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

@hagen.deloss

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to release the model as its for work. But I will try the suggested ideas and let you know the outcome. For now I'll mark the solution Thanks! 

Message 7 of 7
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous

That makes sense! If you encounter this crash issue in the future with a model you can share, feel free to send it my way. If you have any other details regarding the crash, that would be super helpful!

The crash report you submitted didn't bring up enough information for use to determine the exact issue, its a roll of the dice sometimes.

Hagen Deloss

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report