Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UVW Unwrap creates too many seperate pieces

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
466 Views, 1 Reply

UVW Unwrap creates too many seperate pieces

Hey guys, quick question. During a previous college project when we first did UV Unwrapping, unless i'm mistaken i remember unwrapping each limb/section seperately somehow and then just rearranging them in the Texture editor to be exported and painted in Photoshop. But now i have another character to unwrap and i have no clue ho to do it. I've tried unwrapping the entire merged model but then the texture Editor is a complete mess which would take me hours just to heal all the pieces together. Just want to know if there's something i can/ should be doing to lessen the number of piece, or tutorials for seperate projections/unwrapping?

Assigning Unwrapping:

UV_Applied.jpg

Then in the Texture Editor this mess appears:

Texture_Editor.jpg

As you can see, there's no way i'm going to sit and manually weld all these tiny pieces together...

Texture_Editor2.jpg

Any help at all would be insanely appreciated, also, i need it kinda urgently

Thanks..

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well it looks like you have a lot of seams. One trick would be to not do full cuts, and have a couple of edges connecting the islands when you do the unwrap. That might help.... Like tearing up clothes at the seam, but not completely, so you flatten your clothes out as one piece of cloth. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report