Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Font Mode error.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2428 Views, 1 Reply

Small Font Mode error.

I have a 1920x1080 Display running under windows 10. Every time I start Softimage 2014 or 2015 I get the same error "Autodesk Softimage only works in Small Font Mode. Please change your display setting."

I have tried everything I know of to change my "Font Mode" but I keep getting the error. I would ignore the eroor if it didnt affect the program, but it squashes the global/local buttons under the x/y/z modifer feilds on the right hand side tool bar.

I love XSI, but this is beyond annoying.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i've found this and it works:

One possible reason is because you're using a high DPI screen.

When programs run, Windows says "hey, are you high DPI aware?". If a program says "no", then Windows handles the scaling to ensure that they aren't microscopic. If a program says "yes", then Windows lets the program do the scaling.

Unfortunately a number of programs incorrectly say "yes" (when they actually mean "no") and, as a result, end up being displayed extremely small.

Previously you needed to change a registry setting and use manifest files to resolve this - however in the latest version of Windows you can now right click on the executable, select properties and override the DPI setting:

enter image description here

The options are:

• Application - The default setting, scale only if a program reports itself as not high DPI aware.
  • System - Windows will stretch the UI, this will cause all text and graphics to become blurry.
  • System (enhanced) - Only works with certain (GDI) programs but will scale programs whilst reducing the amount of blurring.

My recommendation would be to always try "System (enhanced)" first and fall back to "System" if that doesn't work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report