Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Light Keys using HLS instead of RGBA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
254 Views, 3 Replies

Question: Light Keys using HLS instead of RGBA

I need to animate the HLS value of a light, but setting keys results in rgba channels in the animation editor.
Its not keying the seperate hue, light and saturation values... but i need them. Is there any chance of keying explicit HLS values instead of RGBA ?
Would be glad

Thx in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately the machine I'm on only has modtools so I can't really test to see if this would have the same result as keyframing it directly on the light's properties, but in case it might:

(Click for bigger image, if needed)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thx Cryrid, yes this helped a lot.
I also found a different method for materials by plugging the HLSA combine as input, the difference is that it stays inside the 0 - 1 range.

Im still new to the way of XSI nodebuilding, however its quite similiar to Maya (due to the fact both use mental ray)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The value for the keys are RGBA because those are your default Units in XSI preferences. Chage it there first and then animate the values. Because it's not practical to keep changing preferences all the time just because of minor problems the other options is the best solution. Animate directly in the rendertree light ppg and than tweak the curves in the anim editor.

Keep it up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report