Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Lock UV point

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
311 Views, 3 Replies

How to Lock UV point

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to lock UV point in texture editor.
I want the point to be locked but with the possibility to snap on them.

Any idea ?

Rendel
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Why would you want to do that?
You could just create a cluster for that point so you don't loose track of it (so you can select the original point without selecting the snaped ones) when working and just don't select it.. It has te same effect and you can still select the point whenever you want. Other than than that no, I don't think there is a way to make a component unslectable. I even tried for you to create a group based on the point cluster and prevent the memebers of the group to be selected but as it is a component it just doesn't work it gets selectable all the time...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

There are many reasons when I need to lock some UV points.
I need a quick and easy way to do it.

For example : I want to match some points from one UV island to another one, some of the points are ready for the matching operation but some other need a small move (progressive selection) for the operation to be correct. Having one island over the other one, it would be perfect to lock one island to not edit both but just match one on the other.

For now I have some workaround but, it woud be more quick to have this feature.

Cheers
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Bonjour,

I don't think it is possible to lock vertices in uv space (like with UV layout for example). As a workaround you could create a cluster with your "locked samples" and then duplicate the UV property.
Then tweak the original UV without worrying about the "moving locked samples". Then select the samples from the cluster you just stored and copy/past UV from your copy to your original UV prop.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report