Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE Export Script ... Broken?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
407 Views, 0 Replies

AE Export Script ... Broken?

Hi. Every once in a while I use Helge Mathee's / Byron Nash's Export Script to get camera / null position and rotation info out to After Effects.

Now...... it only works on Cameras for some reason.

If I select Nulls they come into After Effects but without animation on them - just flatlined, static values. Tons of keys, each the same. It's on the Softimage side too - not After Effects - because if I inspect the XML file the problem is already there - it's not like it's just After Effects interpreting the XML incorrectly.

My reee-diculous workaround has been to drop a camera under each Null and select THEM instead ... and the animation comes through to After Effects.

And then, as if that wasn't enough, sometimes after the script runs and I save out the XML file, Softimage DELETES the objects I selected for data export. Took me a few times to realize THAT pain in the butt.

Any ideas? Or better yet, is there another, better, easier way to accomplish what I'm trying to do here?

Using
AE Exporter v 4.0 modified by Byron Nash Sept. 2007.
Softimage 2012 SP1
Windows 7 SP1

Marc
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report