cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Tool Improvements: Please!

Text Tool Improvements: Please!

So, I know that Autodesk Sketchbook isn't necessarily for making comics but if I can draw, sketch, and digital PAINT and I have the tool text I should be able to do some simple stuff such as being able to make paragraphs. I don't know about anyone else but if I use the text tool, start typing some stuff the text will write out left to right and will just keep going.

If you let it keep going it will just cut the words right off the left and the right. If you click enter, it's done. You can change the size and position with the reposition tool but you cannot change the words at all. If you clift shift+enter it does the same thing. It finishes the text, you can't edit it at all and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't know if this is possible but I would like to make two requests for the developers if Autodesk has another update:

#1. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let us edit the text whenever? It's so frustrating to have to delete it and basically start over just to fix a simple problem.

#2. PLEASE allow me to write as much as I want and to make PARAGRAPHS. I want to be able to actually make indents and separate lines that way I can actually create a small body of text instead of one long line riding across my screen. This would be such a huge help. I just like making small mini comics, nothing too outrageous but it's really limiting and really hard to have to do ten different types of editing, drawing, and coloring over stuff just to make three sentences on top of each other instead of one long sentence getting cut off across my screen. Paragraphs & editing. PLEASE.

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: I would like these changes on mobile as well. I use Autodesk Sketchbook on my Android Samsung Galaxy S6 Tab. So I would really like to be able to edit the text whenever I want with paragraphs on mobile as well as desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable
help please. it’s very important for thé créatives to be abble to change The text inside a block (thé words, the typo and thé size). PLEASE.... It’s very very very very important Yves from Paris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report