cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New/Better Watercolor and Oil Brushes.

New/Better Watercolor and Oil Brushes.

I have mentioned this before in the past long ago but I want stress it enough.

I can't describe it in any good way except that Clip Studio's oil and watercolor brushes are and feel much better compared to Sketchbook's version of them. It is so hard to describe but i'm going to try. 

In Clip Studio, the brush starts of with a tiny "tail" and low on paint and end in the same manner unless you go nuts with your pen and tablet and really press down on it. 

Sketchbooks synthetic paint, starts with a lot of paint and den drags it away. It is realistic, but not fun in the same kinda way. 

When you paint over a color with either watercolor or oil in Clip Studio, the color momentarily and then returns to original color. the colors and effects you can get by just doing some random lines and colors are fascinating! 

Sketchbook on the other hand is a realist and drags that color away with the brush and blends it. 

Now, i have tried, several different settings and brush types. Standard, Marker, Synthetic and Natural blend. and i couldn't get the same result. Natural blend was closest tho. If you have any idea how to change the brush settings to get a similar result, i would happily listen and love it!

I just want the same experience when i color on Sketchbook. And it is one of the good point of Clip Studio.

And also that the brush starts and ends with low paint and a "tail"/narrower than the rest of the stroke.

Watercolor and Oil is one of the few things that I want sketchbook to do better or similar to Clip Studio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report