cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate/Preview window like Photoshop

Duplicate/Preview window like Photoshop

When drawing in PS, I always have a duplicate window in the other monitor at 100% or 50% zoom so that I can "step back" and see how things look in gestalt. That way I don't have to zoom in and out and re-rotate as much.

Even something like the dinky preview window would work, though I like just having it be a a simple window

I much prefer sketching in Sketchbook, but when working on a fiddly bit, like the precise angle of the eye or somesuch, I end up rotating the canvas, making a mark or two, zooming to fit, Undo-ing the mark, zooming back in, re-rotating, then repeating, until I get it just so.
Between the history window and the duplicate window, these are the two features I really miss from Photoshop.
secondary windowsecondary window

1 Comment
stapleachip
Observer

I agree. I use sketchbook on my laptop and I use 3rd party software to make time-lapse recordings since the time-lapse feature isn't available on the desktop version of sketchbook. The time-lapses are sometimes hard to watch because of all of the zooming and panning I do while working. If I was able to open a preview window, then I could just record that window and no one would get dizzy watching me zoom in and out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report