cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Vector Tools to Sketchbook

Add Vector Tools to Sketchbook

I would like to suggest to add vector tools to Sketchbook to extend the possibilities of Sketchbook, especially for professional designers. At the moment the target group seems to be concept artists and amateur painters (maybe comic artists too), but not professional media designers. In this use case you start to design something and you usually export it (the geometry) for web or to continue your work in another software or with a 3D printer etc. For this workflow vector based graphics are essential.

Autodesk already had Sketchbook Designer for this but it's no longer available and there aren't many good vector based drawing applications. So, I'm suggesting to integrate the functions from Sketchbook Designer in the current Sketchbook Pro.

I know this is a big step, but maybe it is possible and I thing a lot of user would appreciate that.
Maybe the concept of Personas (from Affinity Designer and Photo) is something you should consider to keep the UI clean and handy for both types of users, the artists and the media designer.

9 Comments
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi @patrick.muenster, adding vectors is on our roadmap, release date is TBD. 

Thanks, 

Colin

patrick.muenster
Advocate

@colin.smith Thanks for your comment! It's very nice to see that somebody cares about the ideas.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Mr @colin.smith this is a great news ! I was very sad and desperate when sketcbook designer was discontinued. I tried almost all the sketching softwares on market but no one was so easy and effective.

The closest one is ClipStudio (aka Manga studio) but the way it manages vectors it is less direct and performing.

Please put Sketchbook designer and its beautiful vectors on market again.

Yours sincerely

Massimo Battaglia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to add my voice to the campaign to get sketchbook designer re released.... I stopped my subscription to Sketchbook as I found it didn't;t do all that I needed, however if you reintroduced the vector features of sketchbook designer then I'd be happy to pay different price tiers for the two complimentary products (i.e. Pro & Designer)

I think you'd get a lot of people who would get this as an add on / cross sell / up sell - It sounds to me like a no brainer SAAS business model, especially as you already had the software some years ago.

Thank

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Implementing vectorisation would be fantastic. Any news about a release? Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a trail version of sketchbook designer.  I like the vector part of it. It was headache free. You had your vectors on one layer or several and then adding ramps (something also I miss) other layers. I do like sketchbook. However I do miss vector part. please bring back the vector part.

thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure would like Vector added soon. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vector please!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update on when vectors will be released?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report