SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Log In

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1072 Views, 4 Replies

Windows 10 Log In

Hi All,

When I try to log in to Sketchbook on Windows 10, the log in screen hangs with the loading circle animation. Some times it lets me put in my email just to hang again, sometimes I never get that far. I can use without logging in, but when I start up the program the first time it is obviously trying to log me in in the background because it is unresponsive for a period of time until it presents me the log in window.

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

There are 2 versions of SketchBook that you can run....can you try the other one.....

Desktop 
www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

Windows 10 (Tablet)
www.sketchbook.com/windows10 (blue button)

NOTE:  The Windows 10 (tablet) version should allow you to start sketching without a login.

https://blogs.autodesk.com/sketchbookpro/sketchbook-update-ios-windows-10-and-android/

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David,

Thanks for replying.

Both links seem to download the same package for me: 8.6.00.

I reinstalled and I get the same results.

I'm on a Windows 10 box w Wacom, so no tablet.

When I first launch, it hangs until the Initial Log In splash screen hits. I cannot log in from this; none of the buttons appear to be responsive. I (X) out of this, then go to Log In... from the My Account menu. Sometimes this loads the email entry screen, sometimes is doesn't. If I enter my email, I can usually enter my password, but then it just sits at the loading screen. I can never get it to log in. If I wait long enough there's some sort of "Can't reach this page" message.

It's almost like my Log In is timing out or something. I attached an image that shows the visual of the Log In screen hanging. I have also attached an image of the failure message I get after it sits.

I don't mind being not logged in, but the initial hang at launch is unacceptable since we are using this is a professional environment.

Cheers,

Dylan

Message 4 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Created a registry key via steps here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/cannot-login-after-trial/m-p/8115616

Send key to user... 

Basically, I logged in as user and exported out the registry key.

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Issue resolved off board.

-Reg Key method solved login problems but there was still a lag delay issue at program startup.

-Uninstalled and reinstalled with 8.5.x version. This fixed the lag issue.

Thanks David.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report