SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 App crashes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
560 Views, 7 Replies

Windows 10 App crashes

The program currently does not work at all on my computer. Once launched, it will crash after no longer than 10 minutes, usually much less. Is there a fix available? I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, nothing. The program won't work.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

We have some reports of intermittent crashing.  

a. Can you try the desktop version of SketchBook?

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

b. Make sure to run an update on your computer as well.

c. What are the specs of your computer?  Model/Brand, Amount of RAM, Video Card,  Operating System version via:  Start > open a Command Prompt > type:  winver  > Upload a screen capture of the OS version.

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I have Lenovo Yoga 730. 16 gigs of ram, half TB SSD, 8th gen i7 (Don't remember the exact model) and an Intel UHD 620. Windows is up to date.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Capture.PNG

The desktop version runs fine, but I use a touch screen so it is unacceptable due to the lack of a pen mode.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hey, am I going to get an answer, or is this just unsolved? This is the windows event log:

Faulting application name: SketchBookOrion.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ce5a0c6
Faulting module name: SketchBookOrion.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ce5a0c6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000048dae7
Faulting process id: 0x2af8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d567dcca56ecaf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\89006A2E.AutodeskSketchBook_5.0.2.0_x64__tf1gferkr813w\SketchBookOrion.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\89006A2E.AutodeskSketchBook_5.0.2.0_x64__tf1gferkr813w\SketchBookOrion.exe
Report Id: 2af6ebf2-5326-4d2b-8104-84e4843cd8dc
Faulting package full name: 89006A2E.AutodeskSketchBook_5.0.2.0_x64__tf1gferkr813w
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Message 6 of 8
david.lau

We have been collecting the data from users and from the Microsoft Store.  We have some reports of the the app crashing and we are working on trying to resolve the issue.

At this time, the only workaround is to use the desktop app.  The download is here:

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

David Lau
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

So basically there is no solution, since the desktop mode has no pen mode. Thanks anyway, but this program is useless at the moment.

Message 8 of 8
david.lau

Not entirely...you can turn off touch and turn on touch on the fly in Windows 10.  No reboot required.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4028019/windows-enable-and-disable-your-touchscreen-in-wind...

You need to use the space bar to navigate the canvas.  This is what users on Wacom Cintiq's would use.  They can map the button to a Wacom express keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7h8bA2ozw

Lastly, the desktop version of SketchBook has way more tools that the Windows Store app.  It is a basically a hybrid of the iOS/Android version with some "desktop' features.

Some notes on the desktop version of SketchBook is noted here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/how-to-stabilize-lineart-in-sketchbook/td-p/9014439

a. Better Text Options

b. Better Perspective Guide snapping

c. More Guides + French Curves

d. Better Selection Guides

e. Just more 'tools'.

Thanks for your understanding....

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report