SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the transform puck on desktop version?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
761 Views, 2 Replies

Where's the transform puck on desktop version?

I opened this program for the first time (must have come pre-installed on my laptop) to help my mom with something that I'm used to doing for her in Photoshop CS5. I need to paste one image over another, adjust transparency of the top image, and free-rotate the top. On my Android, I can do the pinch-twist maneuver to do this, but it isn't working on my laptop's touch pad, and I can't turn on the "transform puck" referenced in the online manual. All I can do is move the top image around, flip, rotate in 90* increments, and distort it. Can't seem to resize at all, nor manually rotate less than 90*. I thought maybe that was an option reserved for the Pro version, but then I was able to do it on my Android with the free app. What am I missing here? Can someone help me out?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patrick.muenster
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you on Windows or on Mac?
If you are on Windows there is the Windows 10 App and the Windows Desktop Version.
The Windows 10 App has no puck for transformation. You can translate and rotate only by touchscreen. If you have the Desktop version and you still see no puck by clicking on the transform tool then this must be a new bug. Transform tool in desktop version 

There is no real "pro" version anymore, by the way. All versions are available free for download. There are only differences between the Mobile Apps and the desktop versions (Sketchbook Pro Desktop )

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: patrick.muenster

Windows...and that seems to have been the problem. I didn't realize (nor would it have occurred to me) that software pre-installed by the manufacturer on my non-surface laptop would have been designed for surface devices only. (But then, I've got a few other quarrels with the ppl who built and sold me this laptop, so I shouldn't be surprised. LOL) I found and downloaded the free Desktop version and it works like a charm. Thanks for clarifying that!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report