SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timelapse and its Future

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1182 Views, 3 Replies

Timelapse and its Future

My name is David Rodriguez and I've been a Sketcbook user since early 2015; starting off using an iPad Mini 3 without a stylus left to use my finger to create digital works in my spare time.

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 6.43.08 PM.png

Since then I've continued to push my limits as a digital artist as well as the app's limitations and what I've noticed is the Timelapse feature being a key feature rarely addressed or improved. Now utilizing an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencilalong with the newest version of the app I revisited the feature to look for new changes and all I found were changes to the way the Timelapse tool is operated but not the video capturing itself.

The issue I'm seeing trickles down to limitation of control. The footage capture suffers not in quality but fails to provide a proper way to actually view the playback Timelapse promises. By capturing every screen rotation and zoom in/out that's made I've managed to capture scattered bits and pieces of the process that don't stitch together. Competitors like Procreate offers a similar service but instead captures the entire screen so that each small rotation or zoom in/out doesn't interfere with the video itself. Added to that is the fact that this is a mere two-minute timelapse of many. After placing the total of eighteen-minute long timelapses into an editor and speeding it up by 400% I received this.

This alone was just the lineart, making the complete work is challenging enough to edit but even more of a challenge to view. After making a short series of speedart videos on YouTube entitled ART ACHE I soon enough stopped due to the quality which the episodes were coming out. It's very apparent in the videos that a timelapse tool is being used yet it managed to be so unclear what I'm actually doing.

The reason I bring this up is to potentially change this issue and implement a new and improved Timelapse into future versions of Sketchbook. At a time where digital artist finally are able to make a name for themselves on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. it's also key to be able to document and share the process behind each work and Sketchbook can drive users away from using the app to pursue and using other programs/tools. What Timelapse needs is just a revamp and now is a better time than ever to make that a reality.

Thank you for reading!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback and amazing work.  I have contacted the development team to take a look at this post.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you! The idea of Sketchbook becoming an app made for creators molded by the people who use it to create is exactly what I envision Sketchbook becoming! Can't wait until the TestFlight betas begin again!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

It's 2019 and I am having this problem. Was this ever addressed by the development team? Is there maybe a setting I am not seeing to turn off "record screen timelapse without rotation and zooming"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report