SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture in Sketchbook App not on Desktop Version

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
770 Views, 2 Replies

Texture in Sketchbook App not on Desktop Version

I have recently transferred to using the desktop version (Mac) of Autodesk Sketchbook, and I mostly like it, but it's missing quite a few brushes in the app version. The particular brush I use frequently is the "synthetic acrylic" brush. I tried to recreate it using the custom brush feature on desktop, but the one thing that's stopping me from fully, accurately recreating it is the lack of texture options. Synthetic acrylic has this texture:

80F14A5A-AE83-47F1-8811-6C90A39A3BA4.png

The closest thing I could get to this on desktop is the texture that is used in the rough charcoal brush, but it really isn't the same. Is there any way I can find this texture somewhere, or does anyone know any brushes in free sets that have textures just like it?

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

You can download the some additional brush sets on the Mac via:

Window > SketchBook Extras

Hopefully, you can find one that is equivalent that you can alter to mimic the one on mobile.  The set on Mobile can't be exported out and uses the same paint technology as the desktop version.

I have saved most of them here as well.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/tip-importing-brushes-amp-default-brush-sets-downloa...

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for your help!  I ended up replicating the texture by drawing a line with the brush on mobile and copying the texture using the "capture" function. (The new brush I made is on the left, the one on the right is the OG)

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 9.09.35 AM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report