SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suitability of Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1(7591) with Dell Active Pen

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ivan_paynter
914 Views, 1 Reply

Suitability of Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1(7591) with Dell Active Pen

Is the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1 (7591) a suitable platform for using SketchBook? This laptop comes with an i7 processor, 16GB RAM, and a NVIDIA GeForce(R) MX250 with 2GB GDDR5 graphics memory which would seem more than adequate performance wise. The one area I'm unsure about is the suitability of the Dell PN350M Active Pen which I understand is pressure sensitive to 1,024 levels. I also read somewhere that the Inspiron 2 in 1 screen type is a 'Touch Screen' and not a true 'Digitising Tablet'. I'm afraid the pressure sensitive level and screen type does not mean a lot to me so I would really appreciate some guidance on this. My daughter has a Microsoft Surface Pro which she is very happy with for doing her digital art. Understanding any limitations that come with the 'Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1' in comparison with the Surface Pro would be helpful. As I have an approximate 48 hour time limit on purchasing the Inspiron I would greatly appreciate some timely advice if this is possible. Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: ivan_paynter

At this time, we have only tested with Surface devices.  We are working on trying to acquire Dell devices but there is no ETA when it will be 'certified'.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_basics_tools_can_use_sketchbook_html

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report