SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbooks's Windows 10 Version keeps crashing

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
5278 Views, 17 Replies

Sketchbooks's Windows 10 Version keeps crashing

In the past 15 minutes, the Windows 10 version of Sketchbook has crashed at least 5 times, and I have no idea what the issue is. It interrupts at the most inconvenient time, I would like to know if anyone has a solution to this?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a tough issue to resolve.  Can you try to delete and reinstall SketchBook for the Microsoft Store?  This will ensure you have the latest version of SketchBook.

David Lau
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I tried your method, but unfortunately, it has not solved the issue.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

Are there any other solutions? I am trying to do some work and the fact that it keeps crashing is really frustrating me.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

I have the same issue, like manys others according to the Windows 10 Store.

It just keeps crashing randomly. It also loses my login data each time.

Reinstall doesn't help. Working on a Surface pro 4 with a fresh and up to date Windows Install.

Message 6 of 18
patrick.muenster

I have the same issue with the Windows 10 App for a while.

Sketchbook crashes often but especially it cashes to 100% after returning from sleep.

I've tested with: Cintiq Companion 2, Surface Go (Windows 10 Home Build 17763.678 )and Surface Pro 6 (Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362).

It is certainly no coincidence and I can reproduce it anytime.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Sketchbook already from the store.
@david.lau Would you please look for this Autodesk! 

Tags (3)
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

Having this issue as well with W10 (in tablet mode and in laptop mode)... used to work with zero problems but just recently it will crash whenever it chooses too.. from a couple of seconds to 30+ minutes.

I've tried reinstalling, I've tried clearing out all of the junk on my laptop... nada so far.

This is increasingly frustrating when doing work... surely AutoDesk has some fix for this?!

Message 8 of 18
david.lau

@Anonymous Can you try the 'desktop' version of SketchBook?  The download is here:  www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

David Lau
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

That's not a solution!

Problem still exists after months. Just fix your program autodesk!

Message 10 of 18

@david.lauCan you give the community any feedback about the development of Sketchbook or at least about bugfixes? 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

Hi, Autodesk,

I have the same exact issue. I have downloaded the latest version of Sketchbook, even re-installed my whole laptop and it keeps crashing. Any ideas? This makes creating very unsettling.

Message 12 of 18
go_super_sheep

sadly same issue on surface pro

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

I have the same issue with my surface pro 6! The app has been running just fine then when I used it today it kept crashing out of nowhere 😞 

I also ran my latest windows updates today when this started happening so maybe it has something to do with that??? Or I also tried downloading autodesk desktop (because they dont have the crop function in the win 10 ver) and then the crashes started happening... Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it still keeps crashing..

I really hope you guys find a fix to this @david.lau I love this app its the best out of all the apps Ive tried so I really hope I can use it again soon!

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

Is there going to be a solution anytime soon?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

Hopefully soon

barely possible to work with that...

Message 16 of 18
cpolman29

Over a year after the original post and I am having this exact same problem! Working from home, sketchbook was an easy way to do markups... But with it crashing after every few minutes, its more of a waste of time instead! Please fix this Autodesk!!!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: cpolman29

Hi,

Just download the desktop version www.sketchbook.com/thankyou ; 

It works for me, and no need of account with it.

Tags (1)
Message 18 of 18
cpolman29

Thanks, I did download that version and it has been working so far, but it really doesn't integrate as nicely into the tablet mode of my laptop as the windows application did... So I'm hoping they still fix the problem to the windows 10 version as well! But thank you for the solution in the meantime 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report